Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Half-Blood Prince has ruined me.
Last night, after finishing the book, I lay in bed, looking out the window, and not being able to wrap my brain around it. This morning the shock has not worn off. I don't believe it... I don't believe it...

I know lots of people predicted this death. But I hadn't. I didn't think J.K. could do it. I feel like she must personally hate me to have done it.
I feel like I have sustained a personal loss. I can't imagine my life from now on, without this person in it...

When we are sad, sad songs speak to our hearts. Thus, I leave you with the saddest, but most hopeful song I know:

Brother Sleep
by JJ72

This room is as white as a ghost
In this space you can see your own breath
This room is as cold as its host
Is it this sleep that is the brother of death?

This cloth is as green as an orchard
Where the salt can coat the trees
This girl cries tears as if tortured
Is it this girl who is the queen of the sea?

I'm goona see you through this my love, my love
I'm gonna see you through this my love, my love, love

The eyes of the toys they are moving
It's here everything that never lived is alive
The eyes of the toys they are soothing
As into the brother of sleep that we dive

I'm gonna see you through this my love, my love
I'm gonna see you through this my love, my love
I'm gonna see you through, I'm goona see you through


P.S. - If you lave a comment, leave no spoilers.

Blog Archive